Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Water intake VS water output

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
User Profile
Hey i'm new just joined about 30 mins ago. For the past week i have been having an odd issue and not sure what to do about it. through the course of a day i will drink about a gallon of water but will only urinate once or twice during that course. I constantly feel like i need to be urinating but when i go maybe a few table spoons come out. my bladder doesn't hurt like it's full either. am I just nuts or is there something else going on here?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile boredgamer377
|
Users who thank boredgamer377 for this post: NBA2K17Dude 

User Profile
replied September 4th, 2017
Do you take blood pressure medicines, take any form of stimulants or drink beverages that have caffeine? I ask because those all can influence urinary output. If you are in a warm environment some of the day, (inside or outside) it can also do that. If you do a lot of walking around or movement that also can. So, numerous things can decrease urinary output. Also, creatine supplements do the same as well as having a good amount of sodium in your diet all can make you retain fluid as well as SSRI medicines. It is a lot to answer because there are so many things that can do that, but if it's not problematic to you, I wouldn't concern greatly over it. If it starts to become where you never urinate at all, I would definitely see a doctor. There's a good chance it could be a lot of those things I mentioned, but it could also be early diabetes (worse case scenario). Don't get overly panicked, but just keep an eye on it and see if you can pinpoint any things that seem to do that.
|

User Profile
replied September 5th, 2017
Hope that helps man. I'm a 21 year old psychology student that knows a lot about physiology. I might not be the most credible source, but I'm way above average in this area for my major and age, trust me!
|
Quick Reply