Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

wat is the fastest way to do this?

Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....
I am 19 and I weigh 145 I will like to get to 125 wat is the fastest way to do this btw I don't have access to a gym and I don't exercise often but I walk a lot and it isn't really helping
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 30th, 2013
Experienced User
Fast weight loss is unhealthy. It can release toxins into your body that can damage your liver and kidneys. Supplements and pills have moderate to bad side effects, every single one of them. It will also leave you looking sickly with tinted eyes, dark circles under the eyes, yellow skin, flaps of skin hanging off your arms, and baggy skin on your stomach and legs that will prevent you from wearing tight shirts, jean or anything revealing.

At 19, you should be in relatively good shape, without many of the injuries that plague older populations. Walking is a good start, but you need to increase the cardio, raise your heart rate and build muscle. A bottle of water makes a great weight. Since you have the internet, go to youtube and do some of the exercises along with some of the top fitness teachers out there.

Avoid the typical youth indulgences: Soda, candy, chips and anything that comes in a bag, box or can. Sticking to fresh fruits and vegetables is the foundation of all healthy diet plans.
|

replied September 8th, 2013
If you don't want to go to the gym, you don't have to. Bodyweight circuits for no-equipment fat burning works just as well.

To do a bodyweight circuit...

a) Pick 3 lower body exercises

b) Pick 3 upper body exercises

c) Alternate between a lower and upper body exercise without rest, till you are done all 6 exercises

d) Rest a minute

e) Repeat 2-3 more times until you are done 20 minutes

For example, this is a great circuit that doesn't need any equipment

1) Prisoner Squat (12 repetitions)
2) Elevated Pushups (8 reps per side)
3) Single-Leg Deadlift (10 reps per side)
4) Close-grip Pushups (As many reps as possible)
5) Jumping Jacks (30-60 reps)
6) Cross-Body Mountain Climber (12 reps per side)

If that's pretty advanced for you, slow it down like this and take some breaks between exercises...

1) Wall Squat (8 reps)
2) Kneeling Elevated Pushup (5 reps per side)
3) Lying 1-leg Hip Extension (8 reps per side)
4) Plank (30 second hold)
5) Jumping Jacks (5-10 reps)
6) Side Plank (15 second hold per side)

Hope that helps, but to be on the safe side always check with your doctor before beginning a fat burning bodyweight circuit exercise program.
|