Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

warm sensation in my head/scalp and it radiated

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
For a few months now, my scalp has been hurting in one spot, on the left side around the top. Its not an extreme pain, more distracting than anything.
It started one night when i was about to go to sleep, I felt this warm sensation in my head/scalp and it radiated. This cause me to become very anxious. I then had an MRI of the brain, and it came back fine, then I got a CT scan of my sinuses, and that came back fine too. I asked my doctor about it again recently and he said since the MRI came back fine that I should just ignore it.
Could this pain be in my head(mind) or could it be something serious? It still makes me very anxious to this day.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2011
Headache and Migraines Answer A19006
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

First get your blood pressure checked. This could be due to high blood pressure. The other possibility is clot in some blood vessel. This can also give out heat sensation without there being any temperature. Hyperthyroidism, diabetes, temporal arteritis are the other possibilities. It can also be an allergic reaction to some soap or oil etc. Please consult your PCP and get this assessed. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.