Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Waking with numb arms and hands ?

At least once a week for the past few months I have been waking up entirely unable to feel my arms and hands, and barely able to move them into a new position and get the feeling back. I am an eighteen year old healthy and active girl. My sleep, diet, and exercise habits have not changed at all in the past year and I am wondering what is causing this discomfort. I have always had cold hands and feet when my family and friends do not, so I'm thinking bad circulation? Any ideas on how to prevent this discomfort? Thanks -E
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2009
I sometimes wake up with numb hands and arms but often find ive been slept in a funny position with them. it really hurts though when ive woke up with an arm in the air from the elbow upwards, feels so heavy and like your arms will snap on any movement.
|

replied November 14th, 2013
Some help please Numb hands
At least once a week for the past few months I have been waking up entirely unable to feel my arms and hands, and barely able to move them into a new position and get the feeling back. I am an eighteen year old healthy and active boy. My sleep, diet, and exercise habits have not changed at all in the past year and I am wondering what is causing this discomfort. I have always had cold hands and feet when my family and friends do not, so I'm thinking bad circulation? Any ideas on how to prevent this discomfort? Thanks -E
|