Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

waking up with severe pain on my right side?

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
User Profile
Hi, i am a 31 year old healthy male. I have a problem where every morning for the last 2 weeks i keep waking up with severe pain on my right side just above my hip. After getting up and walking around for about 10 mins the pain goes away, well until the next morning.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2011
Kidney Conditions Answer A21519
Hello and thank you for posting your health query on E health Forum.

Based on the history, it seems that episodic abdominal pain could be due to renal stones. Pain that originates due to renal issues (Stones, infection) is episodic ,spasmodic or colicky in nature, originating in the flank and radiating to the lower belly, inner thigh or the testicles. It is associated with other symptoms like nausea, vomiting , etc.

You might consider consulting a Urologist for a physical examination and additional evaluations including a urinalysis, and an ultrasound of the abdomen and this will help to initiate necessary treatment.

I hope you find this information useful.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.