Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Waking up Wheezing & Coughing Up Phlegm

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
User Profile
Hi everyone. Well I've had problems recently with waking up wheezing. And about a week ago I went to the doctor for a physical cause I had another medical issue to deal with so I had the physical. And when the doctor did my physical he found a swollen lymph node in my neck & then he told me I probably got it cause I am probably getting a cold. But well the only time I feel sick like I got a cold is when I wake up wheezing & then this morning I woke up again this time it wasn't the wheezing that woke me up it was the itch in my throat & the wheezing & then I coughed up a lot of phlegm. I'm wondering why this could be happening & should I go back to my doctor about it? Or is it ok to just go grab some OTC Cold medicine to take care of it?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Sensation
|

replied June 10th, 2014
Waking up with a tight chest, cough, wheezing, and mucus.
Did you figure out what this was? I'm in the same boat!
|
Did you find this post helpful?