Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Waking up hot

Hello,
I'm an 18 yr old healthy female. Lately I have been having trouble sleeping long because I wake up feeling like I'm on fire. Before this started I had been feeling extremely scared for a silly reason. My skin isn't particularly hot but internally the warmth takes a long time to cool off. At most I sleep 4 hours. When I wake up, I feel wide awake and have trouble falling back asleep. It only happens when I sleep. I don't have any serious medical conditions. I don't smoke or drink or do drugs either. Only minor problems I have are headaches (since I was a child) and stomach acid. Please feel free to ask questions so that I can get to the bottom of this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 10th, 2010
Re: can't sleep long because i get too hot
helipoos wrote:
Hello,
I'm an 18 yr old healthy female. Lately I have been having trouble sleeping long because I wake up feeling like I'm on fire. Before this started I had been feeling extremely scared for a silly reason. My skin isn't particularly hot but internally the warmth takes a long time to cool off. At most I sleep 4 hours. When I wake up, I feel wide awake and have trouble falling back asleep. It only happens when I sleep. I don't have any serious medical conditions. I don't smoke or drink or do drugs either. Only minor problems I have are headaches (since I was a child) and stomach acid. Please feel free to ask questions so that I can get to the bottom of this.

You don't have a hyper feeling when your hot don't you? i also know someone who had same problems with you. this basically affects her metabolism as well.

Thanks
|
Did you find this post helpful?