Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Wake up dehydrated, achey and with a blocked nose

Hey,

For the last few months I always wake up with a stuffy/blocked nose and I feel really dehydrated. I have a dry mouth and my arms, legs and back feel achey.

After I get up and have a glass of water the symptoms go away after about an hour. The blocked nose clears up later on.

I have tried drinking more water in the day but I'm not sure if it has any effect.

Thanks for any advice!

Alex
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 10th, 2012
Blocked nose at night
Hi Alex, you are not alone on this. Since of late, I too have been experiencing exactly the same effect. I have had to resort to taking two bottles of water to bed for drinking during the night.
Getting towards the morning, I find as if I cant breathe and my nose is blocked like I got a bad cold. I have a few gulps of water and after some time doze off and then resume sleeping peacefully. Sometimes, I have to do this several times, but I finally wake up with no cold or blocked nose at all.......but feeling tired.

Must talk to my doctor.!

Gavin C.
|

replied July 19th, 2012
i woke up this morning really dehydrated and my nose was stuffed up too. i have allergies to dust mites that live everywhere so that explains my nose being blocked.it goes away after a short while and i usually vacuum my bed to stop it reccuring.the dehydration was explained when my kids complained i was snoring the house down. if your nose is blocked you breathe through your mouth Smile
|

replied October 12th, 2012
I have this to and have been suffering from it for around 2 years now. I wake up achey all over with a headache and a really stiff feeling in my nose like its blocked. My symptoms do seem to fade during the day but sometimes my headache stays and i feel tired all the time. Not to sure what this could be but it drives me insane!! Should go to my doctor to!!
|