Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Vulva Chemical Burn from Monistat...how long to heal?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
The Dr. at the Planned Parenthood told me that Monistat gave me a chemical burn on my vulva and surrounding areas cause I had just shaved before I used the Monistat and that didn't help. Well it's been about a week or so and it still hurts and burns down there and I'm still pretty red. How long does it usually take for a chemical burn like that to heal?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 9th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy (online)

replied November 28th, 2011
I am going through the same thing! Very scared! Did you heal ok? Any advice? Please help!!
|

replied February 29th, 2012
I also have a chemical burn from monistat 1. I was just given a prescription ointment to use on it. She made it sound like I'd be better in a week. I do feel that it wouldn't heal without this ointment. So you better see the doctor. Please let me know if you did heal.
|

replied March 27th, 2012
What was the ointment you were prescribed?? I've been to count them... 5 different doctors and each has a different answer. I believe using the monistat and the anti itch cream it came with gave me chemical burns inside and out. I've been miserable for over 3 weeks now. Sad
|

replied March 28th, 2012
I was given triamcinolon ointment for my chemical burn. It took a little over 2 weeks for it to heal. I will never do the 1 day treatment for monistat ever again. I even called the FDA to report the problem with this product. Luckily, I did make a full recovery.
|
Tags: vaginal
Quick Reply