Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Intestinal Disorders Forum

vomiting,sweating and diarrhea ?

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
This morning i woke up and was just fine. I got my child ready for school, fed her and still I was just fine. Within about 3 minutes (not an exaggeration) I went from fine to sitting on the toilet with diarrhea, my stomach killing me, vomiting into the trash can next to me and drenched in sweat. I have no fever, in fact my temp is below normal. 3 agonizing hours later and i still felt bad. This is not the first time this has happened to me in the last few months. Now it has been 8 hours later and my stomach really hurts, not only internally, but it also hurts to touch externally. Any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Dr. Nikola
|

User Profile
replied June 23rd, 2008
Doctor
It looks like you had gastro-entero-colitis (intestinal infection).
Do you still have the same symptoms (diarrhea, vomiting and stomach pains)?
|

replied June 23rd, 2008
No, my symptoms have since subsided. I actually ended up going to the Urgent Care facility here and it ended up that I had a really bad UTI. Sounds kinda strange to me but they put me on Cipro twice a day for a week and it seems to be doing the trick. I guess only time will tell. Thank you for your input, I value your expertise.
|

User Profile
replied June 24th, 2008
Doctor
Yes, it is really strange that appeared UTI but anyway I am glad that you got well.
|

replied January 28th, 2009
Diarrhea, vomiting, sweating
Suddenly this morning, I had mild nausea and diarrhea. The diarrhea was every 30-60 minutes--pure liquid by this afternoon and generally preceded by a "hot flash" feeling. Suddenly at 3pm I vomited 4 times (during diarrhea episode) then an hour later I tried to vomit 6 times while I had diarrhea; during this time, I broke out in a cold sweat. If I could just stop the vomiting I could live with the rest...but any suggestions?
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied April 7th, 2011
My husband has frequent bouts of these inexplicable symptoms...no diagnoses have been made as of yet, nor has any medication prescribed to him have helped at all. What helps him through the bouts though, is drinking Gatorade (NOT Powerade; it is too acidic) and hot baths. Running the heater and fan at the same time also helps with the cold sweats. Hope this helps. And if you get a diagnosis, would you please message me so I can check into it for my husband? Just put GILD in the title bar...that's what my husband calls this undiagnosed disease...abbreviation for 'gastrointenstinal lockdown'. Thanks! Hope this helps!
|

replied September 23rd, 2013
my husband has this and I suspect lack of certain electrolites, and that is why Gatorade helps.
|

replied October 14th, 2011
Did you ever find out what is happening to your husband? I was in shock when I read your post. You see, I'm currently sitting here, Gatorade in hand, searching for the answer to this same problem. It's been over a year that this has been happening. My Doctors look at me strangely when I tell them the Gatorade helps and tell me "that's really odd". I've used the same words to describe the feeling too. "Lockdown" the intestines just lock down. There's no other way to describe it. It's a terrible feeling- the pain excruciating. Additionally, I get a pain on the lefthand side and it feels like I'm being branded with a hot poker. The cold sweats are terrible, if it goes on too long I start to vomit. I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia, but the Doctors say that what I'm describing seem to indicate something else is going on as well. Another odd thing about this is at first the attacks seem random, but I noticed a pattern- it occurs 6 hrs after I eat whatever my body does not like. Intestinal lockdown mode seems like its my body's way of saying "No, Im not dealing with this" and then it clamps/cramps up. I DO NOT have Gall bladder issues, there are no problems with my Kidneys. There seems to be no real pattern with food, celiacs disease has been ruled ou and my duodenum is normal. So far just hiatal hernia- a really pissed off one. I exp early satiety whenever I eat and will be going for a gastric emptying study. Did your husband find my further description similar to his experience? Have they figured out what this is? I feel very bad to thing another is possibly going through this, I would not wish this on my worst enemy. Please let me know
|

replied April 18th, 2012
What Is My Symptons
I Have Been Sick For Less Than 24hours Vomiting, Sweating But My Body Is Cold I Cant Keep A Blanket Around Me Because Im To Warm Inside What Is My Symptons
|

replied April 26th, 2012
Last night around 2 am I woke up and was bloated and had the runs, around 30 min later I had the same but this time the runs came with vomit, then at 345 I woke up to vomit again with the runs, this happend to me about 4 times after. Them my wife gave me peptol bismal, vomited it up about a minute after. I think I vomited everything in my stomach because I keep getting the dry heeves but I still have the runs. Any idea what it could be ?
|

replied January 11th, 2013
My fianc goes thru the same thing about every 4-6 months cold sweats severe stomach pain vommiting diareeah his father and brothers have it to. He won't go to a dr cause dr have told his dad they have no idea what causes it.
|

replied June 3rd, 2013
I'm 46 yrs old. Mine started when I WAS in my later 20's. My neck will start hurting, then my head, light headed, Hot sweats so bad that you see the water run off of me and I soak my sheet's and night gown. Then I'm either face in toilet or rear end is in toilet or holding the trash can when I'm sitting on toilet. When I vomit, it's like plate size vomit of mucus. I've had a face x-ray and my sinus is fine. After that, I'm freezing cold that my teeth chatter. I cover up with lots of blanket's and even have a heating pad under the cover and still cold. I fall asleep, then wake up in a sweat again, then to the toilet. I drink 7up and eat cracker's and it's hard to keep that down. This goes on for 2-3 day's each time. Some time's once or twice a month. so that's 2-6 day's I'm sick a month. Now this has been going on for year's. I got to the point that I don't bother calling the doctor cause taking the med's, I'm still sick. Went to the doctor's one time and told him that I'm tired of living sick all of the time. He put me on a depression med's. It's called amitriptylin. After taking for over a couple month's I started feeling relief. When depression thing's happen I tend to get sick but not as bad. My daughter and sister have some of the same symptoms. Life suck's living this way. I do get sleepy a lot from all of my meds and I SAY ONE COMES FROM THE AMITRIPTYLIN.
|

replied June 20th, 2013
nurse I told my doctor that I was tired of living feeling sick all the time. He put me on a depression med called amitriptylin. The hospital told me my condation came from migraine's, but my family doctor said he was full of s***! Anyhow, amitriptylin is for depression, migraines and a few other thing's. It took a couple of month's, but I get sick alot less. I was sick 3-6-9 day's a month.(each 3 day's at a time) I am not the only one in my family that this happen's too. mine is the worse.
|