Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Vomiting during period and severe cramp

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I started my period about half a year ago and each month it comes back it has been getting worse and worse. Just over a week before my period comes I get a sharp pain on one side of my stomach, it was so bad once I had to be picked up from school and my mum took me to the doctors. My doctor said it was because of fluid being released when an egg gets released. I'm 15 now, but I had my first period when I was 14, just coming up for 15. When I get my period my legs get really really sore, it feels like they are burning and my stomach hurts a lot as well. It gets so severe that I can't go to school, I can't study for my exams or concentrate on any tasks. It also bleeds a lot. Recently I've started vomiting during the first and second days of my period as well. I can't sleep at night because it hurts so much and I told my mum and she told me to take some paracetamol and relax my muscles. It doesn't really help. I told her about the vomiting but she didn't do anything about it. I'm really worried because I've been getting very ill everytime my period comes and I read in a book that it's very bad if you vomit during your period. I vomit at least 2 times a day. My mum however, seems to think I'm faking it and tries to send me to school, I really wish it would go away because I hate missing school as much as my mum hates me missing it. What can I do? It's really really painful and it makes me feel very sick and dizzy, and tired Sad (Thank you for your time)
P.S I don't think it's anaemia because I eat a lot of iron in my diet Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 26th, 2011
I felt this way too for a long time. Have you ever tried Advil (Ibuprofen?). This was the only thing that worked for me. I am not generally a person that takes a lot of medicine, but I found that if I take the advil at the first sign of any menstrual pain and "catch it in time" it doesn't get worse. I find that when you wait til it's really bad to take it, then sometimes it can take hours to get any little relief. If you want to be sure you can track your period to give you a better idea of when it's coming so then yoo can make sure to be ready. Good luck! I hope this helps!
|

replied September 17th, 2011
I was exactually the same. I couldn't sleep, was vomiting and had pain so server that I couldn't stand up, also my period was really heavy. I was missing school and eating panadol by the packet.
Things that helped me:
- THE PILL- I'm on Yas it's one of the more expensive ones but now I nearly feel an pain, I have never vomited since being on it, my period is lighter. And seeing a it is one of the higher priced pills there are very few side affects and you can skip periods really easily.
- magnesium- I went to a health food store and asked them. They gave me magnesium tablets or you can get powder. It works so well. There is no
Pain and it helps you get a really good sleep
Wether it is you period or not Smile
- hot water- bath or some kind of container filled with very hot water right where the pain is was a great help when I was in pain and waiting for panadol to kick in.
|