Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Vomiting clear thick liquid and stomach cramps

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
i was at work last night in a cocktail bar and suddenly felt queasy. about thirty minuted later i vomited a clear thick liquid and immediately got stomach cramps and pains. these pains have continued to today as has the nauseaous feeling although i have not vomited since yesterday. i had some fast food during my break at work, could it be food poisoning?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2011
Hello and thank you for posting your health query on E health Forum.

This is not food poisoning.

Based on the history, it seems that you have had alcohol induced gastritis.

You may try some OTC antacids (MAALOX, tums) to relieve the pain.

In addition antacids and OTC omeprazole may help with the symptoms as well.

I hope you find this information useful.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.