Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Vomiting after bypass surgery

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
User Profile
hello sir
i m 54 year old,had just bypass surgery 1 week ago from india, i was alright when got disacharged from the hospital, but now i have trouble sleeping and vomit as i eat anything.. can u please tell me what should i do..because i know u get trouble sleeping..but they i cant eat anything as well....

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2010
Heart Disease and Heart Attack Answer A11736
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by the difficulty in sleeping as well as episodes of vomiting on trying to eat anything one week after CABG surgery.
Healing of the breastbone takes about six weeks and is the primary limitation in recovering from CABG surgery. The pain that emanates from there is the major factor disturbing sleep and the pain killers that are used to get rid of the pain may cause gastritis which might be leading to vomiting on eating in your case.
You must consult your surgeon to ascertain the real cause of your problem and he may like to change to painkillers which have the least chance of causing gastritis or he may provide additional drugs to cover for gastritis and make you comfortable.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.