Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Voices in head - diagnosis ?

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
Im a 18 year old student. I have had voices in my head for about 3 years. The one is like a friend, just trying to help me. The other one is a bit diffrent. He screams at me, giving me orders on how to live. If i do not listen to him he gets violent. He tels me to burn myself, that i do not have a future and that i deserve to die. He also hates other people and constantly tells me to kill.

I have had it under control till a few months ago. He told me to kill my family. I stood behind my father with a knife, ready to stab him, but I coulnt do it.

The week after that I was a mess. I had a few suicide attemts, but it all failed. He kept telling me that I cant even kill someone.

I am not diagnosed with anything. My mother is a pharmacist. She would on occation give me pills that I later found out is for schizophenia. I found out she also takes them.

When I was about 7 I had my fist suicide attempt. I dont understand why. I was not depressed and schizophrenia is very uncommon in young kids.

I have morbid thoughts. I laugh when I hear that someone's friend or parent died. I sometimes do it to the persons face. I do not know why.

I just want to know what exactly is wrong with me, before I hurt the one person I care about.

Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2009
Experienced User
This sounds very much like schizophrenia. I think you need to have a talk to your mother to find out why she was giving you the pills. She may know something that you don't and it is time you should hear it. But whatever happens you should see a doctor urgently and be honest with him/her about your condition. This problem can mostly be kept under control these days with medication. It is essential you seek help so that you can live a happy fulfilling life without fear of harming either yourself or your loved ones. Don't delay - seek assistance immediately and God bless you.
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2009
I agree that it sounds like schizophrenia. Especially in hearing voices that tell you what to do. I myself have experienced that.

Whatever comes, you really do need to speak to your mother and seek help by speaking candidly with a psychiatrist. There is no shame in seeking help. It is a wonder what they can achieve with the right medication now. That while your mother may think she knows what to give you, only a professional knows which drugs are specific to your problems.

Peace out.
K
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2009
Can anyone explain the suicide attemp at age 7?

It realy bothers me.
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2009
Supporter
First of all you need to make an appointment with a psychiatrist so you can get things under control. Your mother should not be dispensing anti- psychotic medication to you PERIOD! What you are describing does describe a schizophrenic. It can be hereditary but each individual should be closely monitored by a professional when taking any medication. Anger in schizophrenics is usually directed at home towards family. It can be clinically found in as young as 5 years of age. Do you physically remember an attempt at 7 years? Do you smoke? First thing first do NOT take any more medicine unless it is physically prescribed to you. Make an appointment. Talk to your mom or dad. Let someone in the house be aware of what you are going through.
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2009
Yes I do clearly remember the attemp. I heard that pill cause heart failure in children when more than 1 is taken. I took 5 and nothing happened.

I am a smoker. I read that about 90% of people suffering from schizophrenia are smokers.

I asked my mother to take me to a psychiatrist several times. Each time she made some excuse. I am going to make an appointment myself. I am just scared of what he might tell me.

I am already a negative person. If I know for a fact that I am suffering from this, what is the point in going on. It affects my studies, relationships and everything els.

I remember being on the medication. It totally made me a zombie. I do not know if I want the voices to stop. It destroys my life, but stil I need them.
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2009
Supporter
Negativity energy reflects your life. You feel like a black hole is swallowing you up. Question, do you want your relationships, your studies, and anything else, to start reflecting positive energy? Schizophrenia does alter your life. Medication can make you zombie like but it also needs to be controlled by your doctor. It can be adjusted until you can function. I asked about smoking because it would not be the time to try to quit until your doctor gets you leveled out. It sounds like you are dependent on your voices? There are a few levels of the disease. I urge you to please make the appointment.
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2009
Experienced User
You know the good thing about this forum is you always have someone to talk with, their comments may not be what we wan't to hear all the time but through many replies come many points of view. Has anyone concidered that you might have a nutrient in balance, because i wonder why doctors don't tell us of how this affects us,honestly i don't think they know. But it is common knowledge that a B vitamin complex or stress formular can help with a positive outlook & these can also help with our brain function & hormone production, sleep, relaxation, stress, heart rate, maybe even something as simple as a good one a day multi vitamin may help you, it won't work straight a way but give it a month & see if you start to notice anything. If you smoke this could be interfereing with your brain chemicals & antagonising the issue for you. It's amazing how minerals effect the body & our functionability & yet unless we research it ourselves no one will tell us about it. If i can be of further help your reply is most welcome!
God Bless!
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2009
Supporter
I stress again please get under medical advisement. Vitamins are crucial for schizophrenics. You need to have vitamins for good mental health along with your medicine. Do not try to quit smoking right now. It could cause you to have serious issues. You researched yourself that schizophrenics smoke. They smoke because the nicotine helps the chemicals in the brain. It actually could be helping you. Most definitely use this forum as an outlet. I will help as much as I can.
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2009
Experienced User
yes but the smoke is covering & tranquilising the symptoms of mineral deficiency. You don't want to go off the cigs just yet but with the correct medical advise you could change from cigs to patches. theres not many out there that have had experience with mineral balancing but a good orthomolecular nutritionist will know this. Nobel prize winner linus pauling was the leader in this knowledge & medicine has been cheated by his passing!
|

replied April 8th, 2013
HELP
I am very concerned about my daughter who will be 22yrs old next month.
She hears voices in her head telling her to kill her family and friends, and she tells me she has been drinking since she was 14 - I spoke to her this afternoon on the phone and she was sharing a bottle of rum with her friend.
My daughter tells me that she has been diagnosed with split personality disorder.

I am the father of this wonderful girl, and I let her down by doing something really stupid which cost me my marriage and 3 years in prison.
My daughter appears angry with everybody except me, which is something I can not understand.

She is seeing a doctor next week and I have offered to go with her, but I fear I am losing my little girl, I don't want to tell her how to live her life, but the way she conducts herself scares me.
She talks to guys on the internet trying to make friends and is far too trusting and always getting hurt.

I am desperate for some help and advice
|