Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

voice is diminishing

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Alright, to be honest I don't even know if this is in the right section but I have a question

Say maybe... 3 years ago, my voice was, for a lack of a better word, loud. I never have any problem speaking, I never had to raise my voice because it was already loud, and my breath control was excellent.

Over the years, my voice began to diminish. My breath control is horrible. My voice is not that loud any more. Before, say I was in an SUV with friends, if I sat in the back seat, I could easily speak to the people in the front. Now it's a living hell, I have to raise my voice, yell, hell, sometimes they don't even hear me if I do that.

Is there any medical explanation to any of this? Or are there some kind of daily vocal exercises I can do to get my voice back to normal?

This is permanent, and it's becoming more of a burden lately. And I am not a smoker.

Also, I can remember, 3 years ago, I was at the doctor and she said something like, looks like there is a "burn" in your throat. That was it. She didn't clarify anything, and that was that.

There is no pain in my throat, I feel nothing, and I have my tonsils.
Did you find this post helpful?
|