Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Vision rolling and dizziness

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
i can suffer from dizzines when doing certain physical exercises such as sit ups and I can them find my vision rolling just like the TV picture is jumping up and down
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MandMs
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
A sensation of movement in vision is called oscillopsia.
When it occurs vertically, it is described by the person as a rolling of the vision in front of them.
This sensation of movement in the vision causes a vertigo or dizziness.
Experience of rolling vision is due to a condition known as nystagmus or an involuntary rhythmic shaking or wobbling of the eyes (nystagmus may cause vertigo or dizziness like effects from the sensation of motion in the vision).
Nystagmus and oscillopsia are usually initial symptoms of neurological disease called Multiple Sclerosis.
Noticing these symptoms during the exercise time is probably due to the Uhthoff phenomenon, an exacerbation (worsening) of the patient's symptoms (visual and sensitivity changes) when exercising or when exposed to temperature change.

See neurologist!
Marija
|

replied July 22nd, 2009
Marija many thanks - do you know waht the causes of this are
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You are welcome!
Presence of vertigo, oscillopsia (an illusory motion of the seen world), and sensation of unbalance, suggest a lesion of the vestibular system (a sensory system that helps people to feel balanced and oriented in space, located in the inner ear).
Since these symptoms are noticed or made worse when exercising, a neurological disease, Multiple Sclerosis must be taken into consideration, too.

Inform me about your doctor's visit!
Marija
|

replied February 22nd, 2011
This is one of my symptoms in a list of MANY....and my doctor also said that she wants to rule out MS. I am going for an MRI this Friday. My mom has MS and she seems to be able to live with it. Everyone is different when it comes to MS but I would love to finally get a diagnosis rather than "fishing around" for other possible things. I have a list of about 30 symptoms that I live with everyday....it's so frustrating.
|

replied February 17th, 2014
Hi,
I too have been having this rolling vision and dizziness. I also feel nausea and it is hard walking and trying to read or concentrate, so sounds the same as Jaktar. I would like to know if there is a treatment for it?
I have had an mri but the neurologist doesnt seem to think its ms (although i do believe its very difficult to diagnose).
If its not ms then what else could it be?
Thanks
|
Quick Reply