Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

visible sediment in urine

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
The other day I urinated in a cup and put it on the top shelf in my closet because my buddy was in the bathroom and I couldnt make it any longer, anyway I forgot about it and about 2 days later I remembered it and when I went to throw it away there was a brownish black sediment in it...I did this a few more times and there is always sediment sometimes more than others. There is no visible sediment when I urinate, but if I leave it for a couple days sediment forms. Is this something I should be concerned about?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi Silkstringz....First I would try drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day so that you have enough water through your kidneys to cleanse them out...However, if you talk to your physician tell him/her about this condition...They may want to do a culture on it...If this continues to happen then get some advice...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: urine, bladder
Quick Reply