Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Virgin with bumps on vagina

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Question i experience bumps on my vagina every once in a while. i am 14 never had sexual intercourse. i can tell when its about to come because it is a lump at first then it comes through the skin and behaves as a pimple. its there a few days then it releases puss and a little blood. i am afraid to tell my mom because i dont know what this is. helpp???????????????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 17th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Your vagina is inside your body so I am sure you meant your vulva? If it is on your outer lips it be an ingrown hair. Do you shave?
|
Users who thank UnknownABC for this post: berry564 

well i guess i meant vulva. whatever the outside is called. but yes i shave.
|

Especially eHealthy
It is very likely just an ingrown hair.

Here are some common shaving tips:

First trim hair down but be careful not to cut yourself.

Take a warm shower or bath before shaving. At least 5-10 minutes of the heat will soften skin and relax the hair follicles.

Exfoliate. Rid your skin from dead skin cells to provide a closer shave by using a mild exfoliator or your favorite body wash with an exfoliating washcloth on your pubic area.

Use a good shaving cream or gel made for women. Make sure skin is damp but not overly wet.

Do not use a cheap disposable razor. Use a razor with a pivoting head and multiple blades to give you a smooth, close shave. Once again, use one made for women. Do not use an old blade. First go in the same direction of hair growth and then in opposite direction while holding skin taut. Don't go over the same area too many times.

In between strokes, be sure to rinse blade. A clogged razor won’t work well.

Rinse pubic area and pat dry with towel.

Apply a light, preferably unscented lotion to moisturize the skin

Remember: Keep all products on the outside of your body only. And avoid shaving during your period, as skin is more sensitive.

Using a small mirror will also help you see better.

Prop one foot up on the side of the stall, the side of the bath or the toilet to give you easier access.
|
Users who thank UnknownABC for this post: marie17446 

replied November 18th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Hey dude, do not ask 14 yo girls to mail you. This forum is to give help. If you have anything to add, do so here.
|

replied November 18th, 2010
well thanks susan.!
i guess i have been shaving wrong. i would just use any razor.
|