Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

vinegar test for warts

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
Ive been having a lot of anxiety thinking i have warts but i never had sex . what kind of vinagar can u put on to test? DO they turn white right away and how white do they get? will it be obvious?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2008
Doctor
Vinegar test is not reliable for detecting HPV-warts because it gives many false positive or false negative results. This test is used only during colposcopy to mark the cervical areas from where biopsy is taken. Its usage is that can make the cervical precancerous lesions (usually caused by HPV) visible. In most cases those lesions can't be noticed without marking them. Genital warts can be diagnosed with clinical examination (inspection) and proved by DNA-tests that identify the HPV.
|

replied November 23rd, 2011
What would be the best way for males to get check, I was told by a friend that a girl I slept with had hpv, but I used protection, and was also told that condoms aren't 100% effective against hpv, is this true?
|

replied November 23rd, 2011
What would be the best way for males to get check, I was told by a friend that a girl I slept with had hpv, but I used protection, and was also told that condoms aren't 100% effective against hpv, is this true?
|