Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Viginal Itching and burning

Hello,
I was a virgin and my boyfriend and I just got sexually active. We have'nt exactly had sex yet, he just went in for the first time after trying it with his finger. A week after I got my period, but I dont know why it is itching in there so badly and it would burn a little bit, but mostly itch a lot. I dont know what the right reason is exactly, I would like to know if it is normal or not. It has never itched there before.
Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 2nd, 2009
Your itching could be caused either by an infection or/and by irritation of the vaginal area following your recent sexual encounter.

I would advise you to see a gynecologist to rule-out a sexually transmitted disease, a fungal infection, or/and vaginal irritation.

If you choose to continue being sexually active, then please take the proper precautions to reduce your risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases (including HIV) and unwanted pregnancy.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.