Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Viginal discharge

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
For about three years now I have had discharge every day. It started out white but has turned yellow. It doesn't really smell except just before or after my period. I told my doctor about it but she said if its not green she cant do a thing about it. I have to wear pads every day and its a nusense. I saw an advert for BV, could this be what it is?
Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper evlstar
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2009
Supporter
First you need to make one distinction. Sometimes normal vaginal discharge can dry to a yellow color. That's perfectly normal.
If the discharge starts out yellow, it can be a symptom of both bacterial vaginosis and trichomoniasis. Do you have any other symptoms besides an odor now and then? Any itching, burning, irritation, fever, abdominal pain, pain urinating, pain during sex...?
Also, if your doctor is not listening to you, you need to find another one, if possible.
|
Did you find this post helpful?