Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Video Game Addiction

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
User Profile
Hi I know this might sound like a sub-par thing for an addiction but I feel I truly have a video game addiction. I have played games for years off and on and only a few times in my life have I ever truly broke this particular addiction. I almost get a sense of withdrawal when I don't get to play games and I keep thinking about how bad I want to go play the games I play. I am having trouble with homework and video games are always something I've done to relieve stress but now the games themselves are taking up so much of my life that they are becoming part of the problem.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2017
I know the feeling. I am a hardcore gamer since I introduce with it, and since then I can't wait for the school dismissal so I can play. There is time that my parents use to get me from the shop I've been spending 12hours without eating. I almost keep my allowance to pay for my rentals and even go stealing my parent's purse.
Now that I learned what video games consume me. I started to minimize and have a little time on playing now especially I have my own family.

Learn from the mistake and don't let them eat your life. I may never end up in consulting psychiatrist. But if things are worse in your end you should start calling for help of an expert. Good luck
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply