Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Vibrations in Lower Abdomen

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hello,

I'm 24 years old who has been suffering with Vibrations in Lower Abdomen. From last 3 months I'm suffering with this problem. I couldn't find the exact spot, but some where in Hypo Gastric region (Lower Abdomen). I'm getting a feeling like "a mobile phone in vibrating mode is in stomach and getting missed calls" Sad, Which is very irritating.

At the beginning I used to get it once for 30 days but now I'm getting it on every fortnight with increased intensity.

Please suggest me, is Neurologist is the correct person for this?, What might be the cause for this problem?.

Thanks In Advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bullireddy
|

replied October 24th, 2009
I'm so glad I saw this, sorry I cant provide an answer for you, but I have been having the same problem lately. Except its in my back, when I lay on my bed it feels like my whole back has a very slight vibration. I'm scared, in October 2007 I was in a head on collision and was lucky to survive, but I had serious head trauma. I was told the brain takes around 5 years to heal fully, so my issue may be brain relater. Have you had any head trauma whatsoever?
|

replied November 9th, 2009
Thanks for the Reply. I never had head trauma or any other except TMJ joint problem. I've consulted Neurologists, they told may be it may be a Psychiatric problem.. I never feel like tensions always I'm a happiest person.

Still I'm getting this problem..
|

replied November 17th, 2010
Digestive Vibrations
I am having the same problem on my right side. I am very healthy and have very few physical problems at 37 years. What is concerning to me is the possible tie to head trauma. I had a signifcant concussion about two months ago after taking a line drive softball to the face. I wonder if there is any correlation. I don't think this is a psychiatric problem as I have never had any type of issues in this regard. I am very interested to find out the issue but not willing to go to the doctor for it because it is not causing any pain or real problems. You described it perfectly as a mobile phone vibrating under my ribs. Let me know what you find out. Thank you!
|

replied January 14th, 2011
Missed Call..no. Annoyed...yes.
Bullireddy, I am experiencing the same thing. But, I'm like you, I have no idea on who to call. So I called my family doctor and I have an appt. Monday morning.
|

replied October 28th, 2011
Vibrations in the Abdomen
I just googled abdominal vibration...and am amazed to find your comments. My vibration began about a week ago and I too thought my cell phone was in my pocket or inside of me. Did anyone get any answers yet? I was concerned about going to the doctor with this...as I thought they would think I was crazy too. Help!
|

replied December 4th, 2011
Muscle Vibrations
I have the same symptons..it is like a cell phone going off in my stomach...It really concerns me..it has now started in my leg just above my knee..It is really weird. Does anyone have a clue what causes this or what is going on?
|

replied February 27th, 2012
I have been experiencing this for about a week now and have also in the past! Not sure who to see, feel crazy!
|
Quick Reply