Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Vibration / sloshing sound in right ear

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
User Profile
Hello. First to mention my ears feel muffled, and I hear popping sounds in both ears whenever I swallow and such. Now for just my right ear only, which really bugs me is this stupid vibrating sound. I only hear this when there is a loud noise. And not like a deafening sound just normal sounds. Whenever I clap my hands, drop a pencil, close a door, or even myself saying something loud, or someone else talking to me, my right ear vibrates for like a second. It's quick but happens hundreds of times a day because you can't escape sounds and it's hard for me to enjoy anything with this. Anyone else experiencing or have experienced this. I would like to know how to get rid of it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 14th, 2010
Yeah, I suffered through something like that last summer. It's mostly just excruciatingly annoying, but whatever you do don't prod around in there with your finger or Q-tip as I did. It's not the worst thing in the world, but just causes a lot of irritation and overall increases your discomfort.

For me, it ended up being compacted earwax, as gross as that sounds. I personally had an actual ENT Doctor fix it, but I think they sell OTC ear syringe gear, too. It's instantly relieving and I highly recommend getting it taken care of sooner than later, just because of how annoying it is and for me the longer I waited the worse it got (granted, I poked at it lot as I said).

I hope it's nothing worse than that, I don't imagine it would be though. Either way, good luck!
|

replied September 17th, 2010
ear vibration and pain!
i too am currently having this same problem! and i have a slight pain and the doctor told me that he could see some slight redness so he gave me... betamethasone valerate cream usp, 0.1%. i am trying it for the first time tonight before i go to bed and i am really having a little bit more pain than i am used to so i am hoping that it works as well i am hoping!! what is funny, is that in bass86 reply, you mentioned that it was compact earwax, my ears, nose and throat doctor told me that i have absolutely NONE in my ear...which is just as bad as having too much, or so im told...i really hope that you are feeling better MrHatSause!!! i know that i have been dealing with this for almost 8 months and i cant take it no more!!! wish me luck!!!!
|

replied October 14th, 2010
ear vibration
i am suffering from the same thing. my right ear is muffled. hear popping sounds in both ears when i swallow. the popping sound has happened my whole life or as long as i can remember. the vibration thing is new. i have scheduled an appointment with an ENT. waiting to see what the deal is. have you had any success?
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2010
Well Thanks guys. I had a clicking jaw. If you have tmj I would get rid of that first, because that could be causing the ears to do this. If you don't have tmj, then go to an ent and see what they say. Mine ain't as bad after doing the tmj exercises for a month, but still is there. I also have pet which is also could cause this. I wish you all luck.
|
Quick Reply