Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Vibrating Uterus (Page 1)

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I'm 18 years old, and for about 6 months, off and on I get a vibrating sensation in the uterus..or somewhere it that general area. I'm not pregnant, and it lasts for 5-15 seconds and can occur several times a day. or, not for a few days at all. anyone have any ideas?????
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper yessir253
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2008
Experienced User
Is this an internal or external vibration?
|

replied September 28th, 2008
internal.
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2008
Supporter
I don't think that it's very serious, but the next time you go in for your annual exam (once a year for a PAP smear), I'd suggest that you mention it to your gynecologist.
|

replied May 19th, 2009
Vibrating uterus
Just wanted to say that I've had the same sensation recently... (It took me a while to realize it wasn't my cell phone in my bag). I'm in my late 20s, and not pregnant either. Maybe I'm not crazy if at least one other person has experienced this. Did you ever figure it out? Thanks!
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2009
Experienced User
That's crazy! Good thing that you figured it out. It totally makes sense.
|

replied July 24th, 2009
Vibrating sensation in uterus
Im 46,Two kids, 21 and 15, and have experienced this sensation just this last month. Not painful at all, but just kind of curiously annoying. And it is only on my right side. I would love to know the cause. If I knew it would stop annoying me so.
|

replied July 26th, 2009
its probably from ovulation
|

replied October 23rd, 2009
I'm pretty sure Ive had the same sensation that your speaking about. Its kinda like a tingling feeling. It doesn't last long, but I feel it when I go to use the bathroom and most of the time my eyes will water. It doesn't hurt, in all actuality it feels kinda good, in a weird way.
|

replied November 6th, 2009
I am getting it too and it is really starting to annoy me now!!
|

replied November 7th, 2009
Sounds like gas...LOL
|

replied November 20th, 2009
Vibrating
OMG, i have just been experiencing this too. And i too had to check my pocket to make sure that my phone was in there on vibrate. It happens to me ever 5 seconds and only lasts a second. But quite annoying. If something is going to vibrate, I at least wanted it to satisfy me. LOL .. this is just annoying.
|

replied January 31st, 2010
I am also experiencing this, and I want to know what it is. Not gas or ovulation, for sure! Just like the cell phone, I agree, but mine is dead center, just above my pubic bone. Started subtly, and is getting more frequent. 25 lbs. over weight, 56 yrs old, menopausal for many years. Often constipated. In case that matches up with anyone?
|

replied May 1st, 2012
Yes! This is so strange, but I'm so relieved to hear I'm not the only one. I have a strange vibration in the centre line of my pelvis, just below where my stomach sticks out. It's been going on an off all day, and it's not painful, just weird and tingly. I'm fifteen, and definitely not pregnant, so I can't tell what on earth it is. I get it standing up, sitting down... It's happened three times today, with about ten-fifteen vibrations lasting about 1-2 seconds.
|

replied February 8th, 2010
vibrating uterus
I've been having this too. I have no idea what it is but it is annoying and am hoping to find some answers. 38, 3 kids, overweight, tubal ligation 9 years ago
|

replied March 10th, 2010
I just read stress can cause it. like when you get the weird twitch inyour eye lids.
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
Hi
I have a lot of discaharg, What can i do
|

replied October 29th, 2010
i had this before and after two ultra sounds found out i had a fibrod. Sounds crazy but i think when it vibrates the fibroid is growing. its doing it again after a year and a half so i will get it checked again
|

replied February 26th, 2011
Uterin Vibration
So, no one has an answer?? I'm 39, 1 kid, I've had a Mirena inserted in sept. 2010... This has been happening to me for about 3 days now, a few times an hour... It is annoying and kind of weird... I'm just glad that I'm not the only one... Vibrading Naturally??!! Lol!! Razz Good thing Most of these viewers are Women... Smile I can think of a few comments Men could have!! Smile Let's not worry!! I will aks my doctor (genocologist) On March 13th 2011... I will post about this again... Smile
|

replied December 4th, 2011
They are muscle spasms. Usually from lack of circulation. Could be sitting on it funny. I get them when I sit on hard surfaces. Especially when its engorged. Now that I'm 33 weeks pregnant, its been happening all the time. But I remember it happening as a teenager. Next time it happens, think of it as tingling like when your hand goes numb. Same idea, different location.
|

replied January 15th, 2013
glad to see i'm not the only one
I'm so glad I'm not crazy! I see your post is almost 2 years old...does this still happen? I have Mirena too, and have had this, what I was calling, a buzzing sensation in what I believe is my uterus. It could be in a different place, I'm not an expert on where exactly things are internally. lol
This "buzzing" has been going on for 3 days now, and I can't find any information!
|

replied February 7th, 2013
Ok tried to reply but hadn't joined site so if my first message sent I apologize! I am also having the same feeling and I am on day two. It is continual with me and I had a terrible time trying to sleep. It's so annoying!!! I am 50 years old and have never felt this before. I called my doctor who I'm sure things I'm crazy as I am a new patient. He has never heard of it. If you have gotten any information please reply.
Thanks!
|

replied September 6th, 2013
I started feeling this today... and have been so annoyed by it that I googled it and found this forum. Mine is almost constant, and I, too, checked my cell phone to make sure I hadn't misplaced it. 54, 30 over, one adult child, WELL into menopause. It definitely feels like it is my left ovary. So what IS this?
|

replied March 8th, 2011
Odd vibrations
I also have this it is really annoying. I am 44 with in healthy weight BMI though near the top and have two children 6 and 3, I do have a coil fitted. I have read a few blogs and we are not the only ones but no-one seems to know what it is? I would love to know or more importantly know how to stop it.
|

replied March 17th, 2011
Vibrating Uterus
this started happening to me yesterday, I'm 42 have 9 & 6 year old kids, I also suffer fibromyalgia and wondered if it related to this. Have been sick with a gastro virus this week too - was any one else ill before it hit them?
|
12 >>
Tags: pregnant, vaginal
Quick Reply