Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

very sore for several days!

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
User Profile
My nipples have been very sore (like somone sucked them or punched me in them) for several days now it started with just the right one now its both of them. It really is painful and I was wondering what could be causing this?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2011
Breasts Answer A20358
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Tender and sore nipples are one of the symptoms suggestive of pregnancy. Look out for development of any other new symptoms suggestive of early pregnancy. If it is not constant but periodic, then it could be associated with breast and nipple sensitivity associated during ovulation due to hormonal changes.
Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist to confirm the cause for your symptoms. If it is not due to pregnancy, and is increasing in intensity, then you might be put on medications for relief.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: nipples
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breasts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.