Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

very sore and tender above anus

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
I had diarreah which cleared up. but since then the area above my anus has gotten very sore and tender. I can't sit or lie on my back. I think it may be a cyst of some sort, but I don't really know since it is too sore to touch. It even hurts when I lift my legs to put trousers or tights on or sit on the toilet (poss from the movement of skin in the area). Anyway, not sure what to do. Help!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile lou87
|

replied May 11th, 2011
Cleanliness, for mercy's sake! Flush off the fecal residue with any of the bidet devices you can find on the web. Wiping with paper just irritates tender tissue without removing the cause of itching and burning (and odor). Rinsing off after every bowel movement will calm the sores within a week or two, giving them a chance to shrink and even disappear over time.
|
Did you find this post helpful?