Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

very solid, hard bump under the skin of my lower back?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
Hi, i really am not sure as to what i have, but its a very solid, hard bump under the skin of my lower back (my left side). Its behind my pelvis, and i checked my right side to see if its something normal, but i dont have it on that side. can you tell me what i have? another thing, i dont think its visible on the outside, you have to feel it to know its there.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2012
Skin Answer A34288
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am glad to help you out. From the description of the symptoms, it can be normal coccyx that you have felt of a small cyst or swollen lymph node. Exact diagnosis can only be made by an examination, CT scan and maybe a biopsy of the area.

Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection. Other causes include allergic reactions, arthritis, cancer, and an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism). I suggest you to get this lump examined from a physician.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.