Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

Very sharp pain under right lung when breathing.

Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
Hello, since I was about 12, I have been having problems breathing from time to time. What happens is rather strange and it happened to me last night. I was lay in bed on the laptop and I took a breath. When I took that breath, I got half-way through and then stopped because of a very strong pain, it felt like something was going to explode inside me if I took in any more breath. I have to wait it out and instead of me being able to take bigger breathes, each time I breathe, I can only breathe in less air than I could the time before. I cannot get past the barrier of pain because it hurts. The area where it hurts is just below my right lung. It is a very sharp pain. Cheers for helping. I am 16 and of a slightly above-average build Smile.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Anon2410,

It sounds like a side stitch. But these almost always occur during exercise. The cause is not known, but the very sharp pain is usually located on the right side, below the rib cage.

If this continues to occur, or you start to develop problems with breathing, you may want to see someone about it.

Good luck.
|

replied July 25th, 2011
sharp lung pain
I had sharp pains in my right lung. It felt like a knife going and being turned. I also have shortness of breath for the last 6 months.... I found out I had a double pulmonary embolism (bloot clot in both lungs) which can be life threatening. Have this checked and demand a CT scan if it doesnt clear up quick.
|

replied July 25th, 2011
sharp lung pain
I had sharp pains in my right lung. It felt like a knife going and being turned. I also have shortness of breath for the last 6 months.... I found out I had a double pulmonary embolism (bloot clot in both lungs) which can be life threatening. Have this checked and demand a CT scan if it doesnt clear up quick.
|

replied July 22nd, 2012
it started from the past month i am having sharp pain on the right lung when breathing in. and everytime i breath in theres this weird sound that emits from my throat?
|