Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

very loose stools almost diahorrea with blood

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
hi for a long time i have suffered on say a monthly basis about 9 10 times a month red blood on my stool, sometimes i think from hard stool,but more recently i have had abdominal pain and then very loose stools almost diahorrea with blood again not huge amounts, but it was a small stool but much bigger than say a dot of blood, my stools are never the same ie- sometimes black and brown sometimes the normal then light with blood, i dont know if this is anything related but my urine really smells foul and is cloudy i did ask for a urine test and that came back with no bacteria please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 25th, 2012
Community Volunteer
You really should be asking your doctor.

It may be something simple as a hemorrhoid which can
be treated if its very large but any changes in your
bowl movements and any blood should be investigated.

Having a bowl scan is recommended after 50 and its not
that bad, Had mine done at 40 after having a no claim
bonus on my health fund and the worst thing is taking
the liquid drink to clean your system out and sitting
on the toilet for a few days but the exam is fine as
they will put you out to it and you feel nothing.
|

replied March 25th, 2012
yes thanks i have decided to ask the doctor to refer me especially with family history
|

replied March 25th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Well if you have a family history of bowl cancer you should be having a regular bowl scan when you doctor prescribes.
|