Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Very Deep sleep

My sleep is too deep. I live in a hostel, and my alarm clock is so noisy that it wakes up people two or three rooms away, it is even audible two stories below. And yet, I keep it right next to my ear every night and I do not hear it, let alone wake up. I have observed that there is a greater chance of waking up (50% or so) if I have already completed 6 hours of sleep, before that it is practically impossible. I have been known to shout/say things at people during my sleep when they try to wake me up, and I remember none of it when I wake up. I have also observed that I always dream while sleeping, there's not a single moment when I am not dreaming (I even dream when I am drooling in classes)

Could someone help in overcoming this awakening difficulty? Anything that I can do so that I am aware of what is going on externally?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2010
i know exactly how you're feeling. i'm the same to be honest.
i can sleep until late in the afternoon when i dont need to get up, but because my body clock isn't in sync with my body anymore, it has confused itself and i dont get tired til 5 or 6 o'clock in the morning, causing me to sleep through most of the next day.
my advice would be to try falling asleep earlier each night. (:
|
Did you find this post helpful?