Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Ventless Propane Heater causing headaches ?

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
We got a ventless propane heater in our home this past December. My husband had NO effects from it. But, I am wondering if my current health problems stemmed from it. Horrible headaches, every day, with my ears feeling "full". Also, a "funny" feeling in my head, ears and throat. I finally went to a doctor a week ago. He thought it was sinus-related. I NEVER had problems with sinus before. I am on antibiotics for 10 days, but with no real resolution other than my headaches have been reduced to an "achy" feeling on the top and back of my head, ears and throat still feel "full". I guess my question is....can three months of a ventless propane heater cause these problems? Thanks for any suggestions.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 15th, 2009
propane and headaches
Hey There,

Same symptoms here. My home has propane heating. For the last year and a half I have had the same headaches, daily with my ears feeling "FULL". Coincidentally, at the start of this I had been rear ended in my car. So, natural conclusion - headaches were accident related. I have had 2 CT scans, and MRI, Spine Doctors, Chiropratic work, massage therpy and physical therapy - all to no good end. The only relief I get is when I go out of town and become symptom free. Also, I am noticing that just be going for a walk outside I feel better. Is this happening for you? I feel like a looney toons and my primary doctor is really acting skeptical - which really doesn't help the situation. Also, my husband doesn't have any symptoms either!
|

replied July 16th, 2010
Headaches
Same problems here. My wife thinks I'm making it up just so I can turn the heat down. As soon as I spend some time outside in fresh air or even open a door to let air in I feel better. My headaches are painful and a friend of mine gets them when he comes over. Could this be dangerous to your health?
|

replied January 14th, 2011
propane on the brain
here to
about 1 in 50 people are this sensitive according to
my internet reasearch.

It happens every winter when they start to burn
propane in the shop I work.

I was the target of harassment when I complained.
I don't complain any more- I want the job.
|