Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

vegan diet and regular exercise. How long will it take...

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
User Profile
I have been on High Blood Pressure Meds for last 4-5 years. Recently, in last 6 weeks I have lost more than 10 lbs by being on vegan diet and regular exercise. How long will it take for my blood pressure to lower down so that I can discontinue my meds?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2011
High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Answer A19230
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am glad to help you out.

The possibility of stopping the medicines altogether is usually less. However, with a regular exercise, low salt and vegetarian diet, the possibility of a significant decrease in the dose and number of medications is always there.

Hence, you need to continue the good work you're doing. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our High Blood Pressure and Hypertension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.