Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Vault prolapse operation has left me incontinent.

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
Help! Last year I had operations for rectocele prolapse, followed by cystocele prolapse and hysterectomy. These left me with a vault prolapse where the top of the vagina is unsupported and falling down. 3 weeks ago, I went privately to have a vault prolapse repair together with a TVT sling fitted.

I thought this must be the end of all my problems, but I am totally distraught because the last operation has left me incontinent. I am frantically doing my pelvic floor exercises (I did them religiously before the op) to try to gain control. I leak all the time and am now drinking less than I should to try to stop the leakage. It happens every time I stand up from sitting or lying. When I go to do a wee on the toilet, I only pass a little wee (about 30ml) but then feel myself wetting the pad within 2 minutes. I wake 2-3 times during the night and have a potty two steps away from the bed. My life is now hell - anyone got any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 20th, 2011
I don't know if any of the medications might be of assistance to you, But it might be worth asking your physician. Hope you find some answers.
|

User Profile
replied October 20th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi eva47 and welcome to ehealth: Unfortunately, I have heard of your problem before...as well as the incontinence that can and very often does accompany it...There is a surgery where they can redirect your urine so that you do not leak...I am not familiar with this, but I believe they must make an opening in your abdomen...I have never seriously thought of this before, however, thinking of it now I think I would consider this rather than having to go the other route in life....Look at it this way....It could be so much worse...They could have found an incurable disease that you had and instead it is just a simple incontinence problem...I send you my best wishes...Take care...

Caroline
|
Quick Reply