Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vascular and Circulatory Disorders Forum

Vascular and neurological disorders

User Profile
i have been having numbness of my littlr left finger it is affecting the one next to it. the palms are allso numb. the nuckle on my little finger feels wierd when i open and close like its out of place? i was going to go docs on mon but wondering if to go ae. any advice what this could be?? many thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2009
Vascular and Circulatory Disorders Answer A6438

It is possible that the symptoms you reported might be related to either a vascular or neurological disorder. If the blood supply in the fingers is insufficient, then you might feel numbness, tingling and/or muscle cramps.
You might want to visit a neurologist to check if there is a nerve affected.

There are three big nerves responsible for the entire arm. All of them are reaching the palm. Depending on the exact location of the symptoms the doctor might be able to determine which nerve is affected. However, it might need additional examinations in order to locate more precisely the location of the problem because the affected nerve stretches from the neck to the fingers.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vascular and Circulatory Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.