Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Forum

varying joint pains following carpal tunnel surgery

Must Read
Joint pain and joint damage affect more than 45 million Americans. Learn the basics of joint anatomy, and types of joint damage here....
Common causes of joint disease include trauma, aging, stress and body weight. Are you at risk of damaging the joints? More here on causes of joint pain....
Is that lump on your wrist cause for concern? Learn to identify signs and symptoms of joint damage here. Plus, know when to seek help for joint pain....
Mid September I had carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand followed by surgery on my right hand 5 weeks later.For the most part all of the symptoms I was experiencing prior to the surgerys have vanished and I consider the procedures a success, however I am now having pain in my shoulders, wrists, and hips. These pains for the last 4to6 weeks have been with me from the time I awake until I loosen up 3 to4 hours later. I have had some lab work done including rhumatoid arthritis tests that have come back negative. Sure would like to get a grip on this as it is affecting my sleep, work, and relationships.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 11th, 2011
Community Volunteer (online)
Hi bluegriz and welcome to ehealth: Have you asked your Orthopedist about this problem?...Unfortunately, I have heard of this happening previously...Makes you wonder if during the recovery that you are putting additional stress on your upper arms.....Let us know if you are better now...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?