Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

varying degrees of Right Breast pain

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
I've been experiencing varying degrees of pain in my right breast for about a week. I did have a bad cough and thought that was possibly the cause. However, now that I'm doing better (cold wise) and the discomfort is still present...I'm getting more concerned. This has never happened before. I am guilty of probably wearing the wrong size bra. I did get a couple fittings last week with two different results. A few days ago, I went ahead and purchased one size bigger but so far that hasn't helped. My period did start today, however, other than mild tenderness breast issues have never been one of my period problems either. I'm thinking it's carpal tunnel related if that's possible. I do need to watch my pc time. I don't currently have an md and would appreciate any suggestions. I am considering going to a CVS minute clinic next week to talk with someone but not sure this is anything they would handle. Thank you. I don't know if this matters, but sometimes when I first lay down at night, the hurt seems to strike.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 23rd, 2012
Experienced User
It seems that you have some pinched nerves in your mid-back and they would have to be reset soonest. This type of pain is not connected to carpal tunnel problem.

As to the fitting of a bra, most places do not have the proper person to measure for a bra. Even if they have had some kind of a course, look a them and they are badly fitted themselves.

If you want to know what to wear for a bra, have someone measure you as follow: " 1. measure below the breasts and with the bra on; 2. measure on the breasts with the bra on; 3. measure above the breasts with the bra on; 4. measure below the breasts without the bra; 5. measure on the breasts without the bra; 6. measure above the breasts without the bra; 7. standing up, measure from nipple to nipple; 8. bend down and get measured from nipple to nipple. Than forward these measurements. I will let you know what is your size bra you should wear and no underwire type bras. Not even the push-up type bras.

By wearing the proper type and size bras, you will feel much better and all that will be left, is to have those nerves reset once and for all. See a special massage therapist and tell him/her to work on your mid-back to reset these nerves.

Meanwhile, use and electric heating pad all night for about 5 to 7 nights. If no electric heating pad, use a hot water bottle and do the same. For a start, take Ibuprophen pill 2 x 400 mg for the pain every 12 hours. These are over the counter type pills.
|

replied April 24th, 2012
Thanks for the reply, healer. The thing is my back is fine. My cough is almost gone now (hooray). The discomfort is much better but not goen by any means. It still seems worse when I lay down and first get up.The bad bra definitely doe snot help anything either. I think I'm going to check out a Minute Clinic or related place. Has anyone ever been to one?
|

replied April 24th, 2012
Experienced User
In the majority of the cases I had, there were pinched nerves in the mid-back of my patients/clients who did not know they did and I am sure your case is the same which would correct most of your pain/problems.

As you are probably not aware, all nerves from the back/spine are connected to muscles, organs, skin, etc. When in pain at different areas, this means pinched and / dislocated nerves always. I am certain of it. I have been doing this for over 14 years.
|

replied May 5th, 2012
It turns out the issue is not centered on bras at all. I bruised my rib cage area from all the coughing. I'm no longer coughing but the soreness is still awful, at times very painful. The doctor wanted to give me Tylonel with codeine but the couple experiences I had with it were awful. Ibuprofen, even though it's no where near as harsh, has already taken a toll on my system. It's awful that there does not seem to be any alternative. I tried taking low dose of regular Tylenol when this first started but it didn't do much. I understand the answer is time but the wait sure stinks.
|

User Profile
replied May 6th, 2012
Experienced User
I hope and wish that problem is solved now.
|

replied May 7th, 2012
Thanks, alley. Thankfully my horrible cough is 98-99% gone. The healing can hopefully come. I am so sore at times, especially if I even cough once or after a night's sleep. I might try some regular Tylenol later if need be. I'll also try to post this in a more appropriate place. Thanks again all for your help.
|

replied September 9th, 2012
breast pain
Hi Zoar3 just wondering if your pain has eased and what you found helped? I have very similar. Had a bad cough about 3-4 weeks ago and took a pain initially in my chest but now seems to be more in my left breast. can really ache at times, strangely it eases by the evening. I am due to see my doctor in a few days and I think it has arisen from my cough. I would not want to take ibrufen as I have stomach issues and it would only aggrivate that:( hope you are feeling a lot better now:)
|

breast pain
Hi Zoar3 just wondering if your pain has eased and what you found helped? I have very similar. Had a bad cough about 3-4 weeks ago and took a pain initially in my chest but now seems to be more in my left breast. can really ache at times, strangely it eases by the evening. I am due to see my doctor in a few days and I think it has arisen from my cough. I would not want to take ibrufen as I have stomach issues and it would only aggrivate that:( hope you are feeling a lot better now:)
|

Experienced User
It seems that the pain will continue as long as this is not looked after.

Have a nice day
|

Experienced User
It seems that the pain will continue as long as this is not looked after.

Have a nice day
|

I'm fine now, everyone, thanks. As I said the soreness had nothing to do with my breasts and everything to do with rib cage area being bruised from way too much coughing. In the future should a bad cough ever strike, I will most definitely try to nip it in the bud asap and if not see a doctor. I hope to never go through 2 months of distress like that again!
|
Quick Reply