Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vascular and Circulatory Disorders Forum

Varicose veins caused by alcohol?

hi everyone,

i've had varicose veins for a long time now and i have been reading things online, like this post ( http://sparkah.com/2011/11/08/varicose-vei n-treatment-clinic-in-phoenix-chandler-mes a-gilbert-az-reveals-natural-cures-and-cau se-of-varicose-veins/ ) that says that alcohol can make varicose veins worse .

is this true? i'm not sure what to make of it since i haven't notice mine getting worse and i do drink some alcohol. i just want to make sure it doesn't get worse.

if anyone has any thoughts please share. thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 10th, 2011
no responses?

been to the doctor recently, and he said alcohol doesn't cause vv. not really sure if that puts my mind at peace.

seriously, any thoughts?
|

replied November 10th, 2011
ok well seems like no is going to post so i've been looking around and this doctor seems to have a question and answer on vv ( http://bellagioveinclinic.com/facts/2011/1 1/phoenix-varicose-vein-treatment-clinic-e xposes-the-true-cause-of/ )

looks like alcohol isn't a huge factor in vv, but if any one has any insights it will be helpful. thanks
|

replied November 20th, 2011
I had foam sclerotherapy a while back and I quizzed my consultant on causes. He said he'd never heard of alcohol being a contributory factor. So drink your beer with a clear conscience!! Incidentally have you heard of Inclined Bed Therapy (IBT)? I've just read about it on a website.
|

replied August 20th, 2012
Hey Ehvaricose

Even one of my friend was suffering from varicose vein problem and she consulted a doctor at USA Vein Clinics. She had intolerable pain in legs due to that and doctors advised her Endovenous Laser Therapy (EVLT). She had undergone this surgery from USA Vein Clinics and is perfectly alright.
|