Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vascular and Circulatory Disorders Forum

varicose vein laser treatment

Hi. I had ugly varicose veins in both my legs for years. Because of that I didn't wear shorts either. About 8 weeks ago I had laser therapy done to treat my varicose veins. I was pleasantly surprised by how simple the procedure was and how much better my legs look now. I did quite a bit of research online and found this article to be quite helpful for those of you in my situation. Smile

http://www.veinconcerns.com/laser-treatmen t-for-varicose-veins
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Clare65
|

replied June 24th, 2008
varicose vein laser treatment
hi, i was wondering can this treatment be cover by insurance. I have too much going with my body, i have sciatica, herniated disc, arthiritis. the pain i get is more from vericose veins, tingling, crawling and always have to keep leg elivate. is better to get them laser off now rather than when it much worst? thank you.
|

User Profile
replied September 19th, 2010
2. Endovasal laser obliteration of varicose veins. The core of this method is a laser irradiation of vein interface that is extremely inefficient in case of marked abnormal tortuosity, especially when a vein is inflamed. In other words, it may help only if applied on straight line veins (with no bending) and this implies only partial effect. Besides, the list of contraindications that are specific to this way of treatment is greater than other methods presuppose. This list of contraindications includes trombophlebitis and categorical contraindication in cases of cancer susceptibility and different kinds of hematopathy. Moreover, statistics shows that the number of recurrences this treatment features is 65% higher than sclerotherapy. Due to the numerous recurrences this method is rarely practised. Besides it is expensive and painful. Plus it demands costly equipment that is rarely used – this way you will hardly cover your expenses. And what is most important – this method can be applied only for saphenous treatment.
|

replied October 2nd, 2012
Insurance coverage
Every insurance policy is different and the person or employer who set up the plan structure decided whether or not to allow varicose vein surgery as a benefit or not.
If it is a benefit in your plan, they will need to know that you are having symptoms that
Affect your daily life. Not just cosmetic. Hope that helps!
|

replied May 31st, 2013
Vein laser removal
So I have been doing some research that could benefit those on this website. I have been looking for a good place lately and have found these guys advancedtreatmentcenter.com. Does anyone know of them?
|

replied May 31st, 2013
So I have been doing some research that could benefit those on this website. I have been looking for a good place lately and have found these guys advancedtreatmentcenter.com. Does anyone know of them?
|

replied July 9th, 2013
Varicose veins are treated with lifestyle changes and medical procedures. The goals of treatment are to relieve symptoms, prevent complications, and improve appearance.

If varicose veins cause few symptoms, your doctor may simply suggest making lifestyle changes. If your symptoms are more severe, your doctor may recommend one or more medical procedures. For example, you may need a medical procedure if you have a lot of pain, blood clots, or skin disorders caused by your varicose veins.

Some people who have varicose veins choose to have procedures to improve how their veins look.

Although treatment can help existing varicose veins, it can't keep new varicose veins from forming.
|