Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Valsalva Maneuver Headaches

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I have had a daily headache for over 4 months that begins about a half hour after I get up in the morning and worsens with coughing, sneezing, bending, laughing, etc. I also have extreme fatigue, muscle weakness, dizziness, and occassional blurred vision. I have had an MRI, which is normal, so my doctor has concluded that these are tension headaches. I have had tension headaches and that is NOT what this is.

I am at my wits end with this and do not accept "live with it" as an option. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Brain tumor, aneurysm or brain arteriovenous malformations can lead to symptoms you have.
Still, there are cases when patient is experiencing Valsava Maneuver Headaches without certain brain anomalies and those cases are described as benign valsava headaches.

Talk with your physician about spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid leak!
|

replied November 28th, 2011
Same exact problems here!!!!!! Did you find out the problem. Please respond, my life depends on it.
|

replied September 21st, 2012
YOU COULD HAVE A CHIARI MALFORMATION
|