Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

vaginal water? I am 51 years old.

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I am 51 years old. recently I have been gushing water out of my vagina. What is going on?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 3rd, 2012
Community Volunteer
Hi Maryye and welcome to ehealth: Are you doing this through sexual intercourse or just an involuntary reaction when you get up?...As they age, women do start to show signs of being incontinent.....Unless they have been faithful doing kegel exercises, many times their bladder and/or uterus will drop...If this is happening during sex, then it could again be one of these or a possible ejaculating...If it continues and it concerns you, you may want to see your OB-GYN....Take care...

Caroline
|

replied January 5th, 2012
This is just an involuntary reaction. I am very sure its not urine, cause sometimes it happens even after using the bathroom and I have already emptied my bladder. I have not had sex for more than three months. I am faithful doing my kegel exercises, am tight down there.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
If there is a large amount escaping it could possibly be a bladder problem...It doesn't sound like UTI...Sometimes incontience will show its face at an early age, but I doubt this is it...If this continues I would see an Urologist...They should be able to pinpoint the problem...In the meantime, think positive...Don't expect it to happen...Try and let your kegel muscles loose when you are peeing and pull them tight when you get up...See if this help...Take care...

Caroline
|

Thank you so much I will try to do what you suggested.
|

replied January 6th, 2012
I would see your family doctor as soon as possible, and I would suggest going to a urologist as other poster had said. The sooner you get it looked at the sooner the problem will be fixed and you'll feel better.. Good luck..
|
Tags: vaginal, vagina
Quick Reply