Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Vaginal wall thickening/lump

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I am a 22 year old female. I've had my period every two weeks for several months. Recently, I noticed that the inside of my vagina seems swollen/thicker. It's hard to say if the thickening is a lump, or just thickening. I went to the gynecologist and she told me to have a transabdominal ultrasound performed. The results came back normal. Is it possible that there's something there, but the ultrasound didn't pick it up? What is this thickening/lumps?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the exact cause for the vaginal thickening and recurrent bleeding that you describe without examining you. A transvaginal ultrasound can be done or a proper examination done under light to look for any lesions. Other causes like cervix erosion, cervical dysplasia, cervical polyps, vaginal endometriosis etc should also be ruled out. You may consider taking second opinion from another gynecologist.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.