Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

vaginal opening very itchy :(

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I had my period this week and i had a tampon in for awhile cause i had forgotten about it. it was a super plus scented tampon too (didn't realize it was scented at the time) and i was at the end of my period.
well since i took it out, way over 24 hours ago i have had nothing but a constant itchy feeling down there just at the very inside of the vaginal opening. it burns when my pee drips across it if it touches that area. i don't know what to do. this has never happened before.... the itching is terrible like i want to scratch at it almost all the time...please help ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2010
Experienced User
My guess would be that you have a yeast infection (I also am going through the same itchy feeling as we speak!) They are no fun thats for sure! Go to your doctors, who will do a swab, to make sure that it is a yeast infection and not something else. They will either give you something or suggest that you go to a CVS/Walgreens (drugstores) and pick up Monistat (located my the tampons and such). I have heard/read a lot of bad things about Monistat 1-Day.. I personally have only tried the 3 day! Worked wonders the first time but im having more trouble with it this time! The little cream that comes with it works wonders for the itching though! Hope this helped...
|

replied May 22nd, 2010
Thank you so much for your response. I've been reading up on things and i think you are correct. i did go out and get the cream to use until i go to the doctors and it has stopped the itching. thank you !
|
Tags: vaginal, itchy, period
Quick Reply