Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

vaginal lips are swollen they burn, itch and hurt

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Hi. I have feeling really bad down there. My vagina and lips are swollen they burn and itch. Also they hurt a lot. They are bright red. The "bridge" between my vagina and anus is also the same. After having sex which wasn't a good idea i was so swollen it was painful to put it in. I was spotting a little after. What's going on.?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper of1109
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2012
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

The symptoms reported as burning,itching can be suggestive of infection.You might require vaginal smear test to rule out the cause.Regarding the spotting after sexual contact it can be due to cervicitis,dysplasia,pelvic infection etc.It would require a detailed clinical examination of the genitals so that appropriate treatment can be started.
Kindly visit a Gynaecologist for evaluation and required prescription medications.Till then folloe hygeinic measures and avoid intercourse.
Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.