Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Vaginal inspection

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
My daughter is 14 and adopted. I have always questioned the physical appearance of her vagina. It does not look like mine. My vagina is totally enclosed inside the lips of my vagina. Hers is not. The inside of the vagina protrudes and is hanging outside the lips of her vagina. Is this normal? What should I do?


Jana McDonald

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2008
Vaginal Health Answer A4331
You should bring your daughter to a gynecologist for an inspection of the vagina and an expert opinion.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.