Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Vaginal friction burn. what would treat my condition?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I have had vaginal friction burn for about 3 weeks now. My doctor prescribed me hydrocortisone cream. It has gotten better but has not fully healed. There seems to be no clear treatment for the burn. Most forums say that friction burn will heal in about about a week. I understand that healing times vary, but this is very frustrating. It does not burn when I urinate, so I assume that there are no cuts. I would like to know if there are any other effective alternatives that would treat my condition.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 25th, 2012
Community Volunteer
If it does not burn, how do you know it has not healed? Your vagina is inside your body so you cannot see it?
|
Did you find this post helpful?