Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

vaginal discharge & related odor/abdominal pain

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Hi there, I'm a 33yr old woman who has no insurance. I need to know if this problem seems serious enough that I should spend the money & go to see a Doc. On & off for quite some time I have had very sudden shooting pains in my lower abdominal area, it feels like someone is stabbing me with a knife & actually takes me by surprise. Last night I experienced this (yet again) and then I woke this morn to a VERY foul odor & an unusual amount of clear discharge that had run down my buttocks and legs. I've experienced this discharge in the past as well but don't recall if it was ever associated with any pains. Any ideas on what this problem may be caused by would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Lower abdominal pain with foul discharge might be due to any vaginal or uterine infection,bacterial vaginosis,cervicitis etc.The infection if present can spread to adjacent organs.
You require complete pelvic examination and pap smear(vaginal fluid testing)to rule out the cause of pain and discharge along with USG scan.Kindly do not ignore it and visit your Healthcare Provider for evaluation.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.