Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Vagina bright red, so itchy, stings!

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
So in my vagina, when you open up the lips, in that general area it is itchy. It is bright red, so itchy, stings and almost creates a hot sensation. I itch so hard that there is scratch marks on both sides and there is some bleeding .... I know its not an std because I have had sex with 3 guys...all 3 were last year and 2 were virgins. The last two guys i've hooked up with have only done more than makeout with 1 or 2 other girls. I dont know what this is and im scared and in pain. help, please.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum
Your symptoms culd be suggestive of vaginitis which is an inflammation and can be due to any infection,allergy etc.
Wear loose cotton undies.
Avoid scratching,intercourse,tampoon use,bubble bath.
Wash the area twice with Tea tree oil mixed in water.
Apply neosporin powder and calamine lotion.
If the symptoms worsen consider visiting a Gynaecologist for evaluation.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.