Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

UTI transmission during sex ?

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
I noticed about 1 week ago when I would go to the rest room my urine had a foul order. I got up one morning and when I burned really really bad after urinating. I do not have any type discharge from my body. The only symptom I experienced is burning. My boyfriend is very mad at me because he says he is experiencing severe pain when he urinates. I began drinking cranberry juice and stopped drinking coke, tea, just juice. within 2 days pain stopped and foul odor left. My question is can my boyfriend get a UTI from having sex with me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 17th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Most of the cases of urinary tract infections are caused by bacteria that is normally found in bowels and may live on the skin near the anus, known as Escherichia coli.
During a sexual intercourse penile motions can pushed forward bacteria around the anus towards the woman's urethra.
The same bacteria may travel up to man's urethra, causing UTI in both partners.
Studies have confirmed that this bacterium, e.coli can be transmitted from one sex partner to another partner.
Your boyfriend shouldn't be angry at you, cause this isn't a STD you had acquired before the last sexual encounter.
This UTI has resulted from your last sexual activity, and if he wants to avoid it next time he should use protection.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?