Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

UTI - Blood clots in urine

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
Is it normal to have blood clots in urine with a uti? I woke up this morning feeling fine and then around 3pm I had that uti feeling. I get one at least three times a year so I know when I am about to get one. So a hour or two passed it got to the point I couldn't move I hurt so bad so I went again the the bathroom and noticed blood clots on the toilet paper and then my urine started to turn pink. I have never had macroscopic blood in my urine before and especially never blood clots. They are not large... Sometimes I'll pass one and sometimes two. I don't feel them and I don't have any pain in my back or side. Everything is just in my abdomen. Im on an antibiotic that my doctor prescribed me and once the office opens on Tuesday ( gotta love the drs summer hours) I will make an appointment. Just curious if I should go to the ER? I tried looking up information online but many say that it only happens if you left it untreated for a long time. I guess if it was symptomless for a week then yeah. My symptoms started late in the day and then clots two hrs later. Help!
Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|